Thursday, November 15, 2007

Altered Sonia Purse - Teacher's Survival Kit

Addison has had a student teacher (intern) in her class since the first day of school, and tomorrow is her last day. I had been racking my brain trying to come up with a teacher gift for her when my dear friend, Sunny, gave me the idea to make a Teacher's Survival kit. I've had this Sonia Purse from Creative Imaginations in my stash of alterables for a few months now. No time like the present to actually do something with it.

I used Mod Podge to cover the purse with some Foof-a-la and Daisy D's paper. Sanded the edges and gave them a quick swipe with paint. Used Diamond Glaze to adhere an oversized button I had tied some ribbon through.




















For the contents, I googled Teacher Survival Kit and found lots and lots of things you could include. This is what's in Miss Kaci's:

Mounds for the mounds of information you teach
Crayon to color your day
Band-Aid to remind you to heal hurt feelings
Marbles to replace ones you lose occasionally
Lifesavers for when you’ve had one of THOSE days
Kisses to make everything worthwhile
Bath Oil Beads to “take you away”
Rubber band to remind you of resiliency to “spring” back
“Jewels” because you are as valuable as a precious stone
Eraser because everyone makes mistakes
100 Grand Candy Bar so you will be paid what you’re worth
Snowflake –when all else fails, pray for a snow day!!!!

3 comments:

Susie said...

I really like the purse idea and my have to lift it!

Susie said...

I am back again to comment to tell you that you have been tagged!
http://somanyscraps.blogspot.com/
come visit me for a little blog fun!

Little C's Creations said...

What a great idea, Rachel!!.... love how your purse turned out. Awesome!!!