The past few days, the panic has been setting in.
- Still needing to get things to fill the kids' Easter baskets.
- Need to take filled eggs to school by Friday for the Egg Hunt the following week.
- Paperwork that only an attorney could understand needs to be mailed ASAP for a cash tender offer on some stock I've owned for a long time.
- Need to run by my cousins to pick up some shoes she bought for the kids.
- Should really buy some new spring outfits for both kids now that warm weather has arrived.
- Checkbooks need updating and bills need to get paid.
- Need to do a little more cleaning before Mom arrives on Saturday.
- But mostly, way too many tax returns and other work projects that need to be completed in less than 3 weeks now.
It's always this way the end of March. Knowing that the next few days of my life will be consumed with getting tax returns finished or extension payments calculated. This morning I decided that instead of moaning about how my plate is too full....I'm trying to realize MY LIFE IS FULL!!!!
Full with a wonderful family who still deserves to celebrate Spring and Easter. Full with extended family who love us and show that love by buying things for us or spending a couple of weeks here trying to replace "mom" in her absence. Full with material possessions He has blessed us with that require good stewardship. And full with a 20-year career that is challenging and yet gives me lots of flexibility the other 50 weeks out of the year. And full because this lilac bush that was planted back in 2001 finally bloomed this year!!!
So if you hear me start complaining or whining anytime before April 17th, remind me .....Your life is full girl!!!!