Friday, January 02, 2009

TCP Tuesday 39 Challenge



I needed a card for the birthday party Clark went to this morning. When I saw this week’s TCP Sketch Challenge, I knew this was the perfect chance to pull out my Smells Like Cake set again.

Right before my blogging hiatus this fall, I won this fun set as blog candy from Toni Armstrong. Toni is such a sweetheart and even sent this adorable card using another TCP set along with the stamps.
I have several friends who can definitely identify with that sentiment. LOL

Even though I haven’t acknowledged it here on the blog, I have inked up the Smells Like Cake stamps several times the past few months when I needed a fun birthday card. I’m finally getting around to showing you how great these stamps are. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. The paper is some Polar Bear Press that’s been sitting in my stash way too long. Hopefully Clark’s three-year-old friend liked the little penguins.

We sure had fun at the party. This was Clark’s first time at one of the big “party places” with inflatable bouncers, slides and obstacle courses. I am exhausted since he insisted that I do everything with him. I’m thinking that naptime can’t come soon enough for BOTH of us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I love that card!! I was going to ask what you colored it with, and then you answered. But what is that Gamsol stuff????

Leigh OBrien said...

Purrr-fect, Rachel! Wonderful card for the challenge...thanks for playing with us!
Happy New Year,
Leigh

Alice said...

Welcome to the TCP challenges! Keep playing! I like your choice of stamps for the challenge card, and the bright happy colors of the paper are perfect!